Tahiti and her islands...
118 islands in 5 archipelagos with different personnalities
Lagoons, atolls, chisealed mountains,
Hospitality, smiles, authenticity, singing and dancing...
Welcome to Paradise
French Polynesia, right at the heart of the Pacific, is spread over a surface as wide as Western Europe from Lisboa to Stockholm, i.e. 4.5 millions Km2.
Personalities of the 5 archipelagos:
composed of high islands bordered by immaculate turquoise lagoons, among which the Bora Bora lagoon has been called " the most beautiful lagoon in the world ". Sensuality and serenity.
This archipelago is divided into two groups:
- The Windward Islands (Tahiti, Moorea, the Tetiaroa atoll, Maiao and Mehetia), gathered around Tahiti, the largest island in French Polynesia,also the highest and the most populated.
- The Leeward Islands, more to the West and much appreciated by the tourists (Bora-Bora, Raiatea, Tahaa, Huahine, Maupiti, not to mention the uninhabited atolls of Tupai, Mopelia, Scilly and Bellinghausen).
- more specifically the huge atoll of Rangiroa, and the atolls of Manihi, Tikehau, Fakarava, etc. And for the adventure minded, some fifty more islands to go play Robinson Crusoe
- The Gambier Islands, Mangareva being the largest with its impressive lagoon.
Spectacular Marquesas, high islands with sugar loaf shaped peaks, covered with luscious green nature imposing its rule. Uncommon arts and crafts
- The largest Nuku-Hiva, the most visited Hiva-Oa, and Ua-Huka, Ua-Pou, Tahuata, and last but not least Fatu-Hiva with its famous Bay of the Virgins.
Five round shaped high islands, some of which surrounded by a coral reef and magnificent lagoons. Often forgotten islands, but with authentic customs, handicrafts and a true quality of life.
- with Rurutu, Tubuai, and also Raivavae whose airport recently opened.